Thursday 12 December 2013

This one is for Melissa; so many people have helped me to get here to Tanzania and helped with money to run the clinics where I work every week and I have to thank you all. People are also very supportive emotionally and tell me I'm doing great work but actually most people would do something to help if they got the chance and you have all given me this chance.

Melissa is part of a sewing group in Cork who gave me money that they raised. Most of the money has been spent on paying clinic organisers* and cars and remedies and translators and the day to day stuff that gets us to that all important point where we can treat people, but last weekend I bought a sewing machine!

Esta has a long story and, as often happens here, lost everything through her illness including her sewing machine but she is well now, a mighty strong woman who appears to be glowing with health. She is a talented tailor and now she has her own machine.





*Clinic organisers are often AIDS sufferers who contact the other AIDS sufferers in their community and let us use their room or their yard or their porch as a clinic for the day. HHA pays them for this work which means that they and their families can eat.

As part of my homesicknessI have been thinking a lot about the people at home who donated money to this cause.  One man came in off the street in Dun Laoghaire last August and gave me enough money to run the out reach clinics for a week.  When he gave me the money I had a very sketchy picture of what it would mean in reality but as another week is nearly over I have a very clear view now. 

I had a very good day today with every single person coming in and telling me they had done well on their remedy.  Our patients can often be quite despairing when they first come to see us because they find it difficult to get help from anywhere for their problems.  So when they get relief from the homoeopathic remedy and their health visibly improves they feel a huge weight of worry lifted.  If you are sick here you might starve.  If you are well you can work.  A day of smiling faces has left me feeling very happy and reflecting with gratitude on Robert's gift. 

1 comment:

  1. more and more interesting every blog, well done Sandy and Davy your YTube video is fantastic, really good quality filming - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete